Registration now open for VPYS 2019
Initiated by the Chinese Ministry of Culture and Tourism in 2013, the China Studies Project was designed as a professional platform for academic exchange and cooperation between Chinese and international scholars in Sinology. Over the past six years, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, in cooperation with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, Shaanxi Normal University, Zhejiang Gongshang University, and other Chinese academic institutions, has held seventeen editions of the Visiting Program for Young Sinologists, which have achieved good results and were well-received by Chinese andinternational scholars and cooperative institutions.
For an even better development of contemporary China Studies around the world, and for closer ties between contemporary Sinologists, we hereby issue the call for applications for the 2019 Visiting Program for Young Sinologists. Please read the following for details:
I. Eligibility requirements
1. Basic requirements: aged between 25 and 45, in good health (as proved by the health certificate issued by the home country)
2. Education background: a bachelor degree or above, with fluency in Chinese or English to do research
3. Profession: experience of working at a famous think-tank, governmental administration department for culture and tourism, education or research institution, museum institution, media organization, tourism academy, tourism association, foundation for culture and tourism, etc.
4. Academic ability: adequate research competence and social influence in the field of contemporary sinology, with published papers or treatises on China Studies; participation in ongoing cooperative research projects related to China.
II. Application and deadline
Those who are interested in participation can access the homepage of China Studies(sinology.chinaculture.org), click on the“2019 Visiting Program for Young Sinologists”box, create an account with the real name, and complete the application form. The deadline for applications is March 31, 2019.
In late April, the panel will review the applications and select the final candidates for the Visiting Program for Young Sinologists.
The organizers will issue an invitation letter to the scholars that are finally selected. After accepting the invitation, the scholars are expected to make preparationsand go through relevant procedures.
The expenses incurred by the participation in the events, including round-trip international air tickets (economy class), board and accommodation, intercity transportation,and academic training will be borne by the host.
VI. Contact service
1. Information：China Studies Work Group, Network of International Culturalink Entities
2. Technical consulting：